Faculty public job posting
1. Position and number of openings: One lecturer (tenure track)
2. Department: International Business Strategy course, Management and Finance major, Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy
3. Responsibilities: Operations management
4. Qualifications: Candidates must meet all of the following criteria
- Understands the principles of the International Business Strategy course, and can take part and engage in education and research activities
- Demonstrates a broad range of knowledge and experience in international matters
- Proficient in English for providing guidance in classes and with academic dissertations
- Holder of Ph.D. or doctoral degree
5. Start date: September 1, 2017, or as early as possible thereafter
6. Duration: Five years from start date (a screening will be performed before the expiration of the five-year tenure track period; if successful, the appointee will be promoted to a tenured position)
7. Terms of employment
Salary: To be determined in accordance with Hitotsubashi University Regulations on Employee Salaries
Work hours: To be determined in accordance with Hitotsubashi University Regulations on Employee Work Hours, Days Off, and Paid Holidays
* Under application of the discretionary labor system for professional work
Social insurance: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Mutual Aid Association; employment insurance; workers' compensation insurance
8. Application materials
- Curriculum vitae (include academic history from high school onward, and a photograph taken within the past three months)
- Summary of academic and research work (free format, up to two A4 sheets, in Japanese and English)
- List of research achievements (free format, up to two A4 sheets, in Japanese and English)* Categorize by peer-reviewed academic dissertation, international conference presentation, domestic conference presentation, expository article, publication, etc.
- Excerpts from five major dissertations (copies acceptable)
- List of projects, research or other, for which you received or took part in receiving external funding (up to past five years)
- List of academic society memberships and humanitarian activities
- Your motivation for engaging in education and research activities at Hitotsubashi University (free format, up to two A4 sheets, in Japanese and English)
- Your policy for providing guidance to graduate students at Hitotsubashi University (free format, up to two A4 sheets, in Japanese and English)
- One letter of recommendation from a person who can appraise your academic and research history
9. Application deadline: Arrival no later than Friday, April 28, 2017
Attn: Koeda, Administration Office
Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy, Hitotsubashi University
National Center of Sciences, 2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8439 Japan
* Enclose your application materials in an envelope, and write on the front in red ink "Application materials enclosed for lecturer position at Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy."
* Inquiries about this job opening are accepted by e-mail only.
- Please send hard copies and a CD or DVD disk containing electronic files of all application materials. Materials submitted will not be returned. Applications are not accepted by e-mail.
- Following a screening of application materials, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and asked to give a mock lecture or presentation in English. Travel expenses will be borne by the candidate.
- Hitotsubashi University values a diverse workforce and guarantees equal opportunities for foreign nationals and women toward enhancing the organizational capabilities of the university.