Financing your MBA
All students accepted to Hitotsubashi ICS enjoy a form of financial aid via our low matriculation and tuition fees, thanks to Hitotsubashi’s status as a public, national institution.
|Matriculation fee||JPY 282,000|
|Tuition per year||JPY 535,800|
Additional financial aid is available on a limited basis, and amounts vary from year to year.
- For non-Japanese nationals, scholarships and grants are awarded to entering students who have outstanding GMAT scores, are self-financed, and are not a recipient of other scholarships. Please inquire with the Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Office at email@example.com . See also the Young Leaders Program Scholarship and Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, below.
- Financial aid is also available for Japanese nationals who are not sponsored by their employers. Please see the Hitotsubashi University website. These financial aid programs start each April. If you have more than two years’ experience working in Japan and will self-finance your MBA, you may apply for the Specialized Practice Training and Education Benefit, for which you apply with your nearest HelloWork office at least one month before the MBA program begins. Please inquire directly with HelloWork.
Young Leaders Program (YLP) Scholarship
Hitotsubashi ICS is the only institution in Japan where recipients of the prestigious and competitive YLP scholarships are eligible to study business management. This scholarship supports privately financed foreign students of good academic standing who experience financial barriers to studying at higher education institutions in Japan. Currently, citizens of Brunei, China, South Korea, Mongolia, Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Singapore and Australia are eligible to apply for a YLP scholarship at Hitotsubashi ICS.
YLP scholarship recipients at Hitotsubashi ICS come mainly from the business world. Unlike YLP students at Japanese graduate programs, at Hitotsubashi ICS they are integrated with all other MBA students and must meet all graduation requirements to earn an MBA.
- have at least three years of work experience and be under 40 years of age as of September 1 of the current academic year
- hold an undergraduate degree or higher, and have good command of English: benchmark TOEFL paper score of 600, TOEFL-iBT score of 100 or IELTS score of 7.0. Applicants who are not native speakers of English but have earned a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university where the language of instruction is English are not required to take the TOEFL or IELTS
- have a guideline GMAT score of 600
- be responsible for their own requests for leave of absence from their workplaces
The Young Leaders Program, Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Promotes the development of young leaders throughout Asia in both the public and the private sectors.
- Develops a global network of young leaders.
- Contributes to improve relationships among Japan and other countries of Asia.
The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program
Administered by the Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI), the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) encourages students and educational institutions to cultivate lasting relationships based on mutual trust and understanding, building bridges across cultures. The AFLSP grants scholarships of US$25,000 for one academic, to support study abroad within Asia for high-caliber Asian students.
Both incoming first and second year students at Hitotsubashi ICS are eligible for the scholarship. The selection is conducted by ICS Admissions Committee just after the admissions decision and is based on merit. Scholarship recipients must:
- Be a national of an Asian country
- Have high proficiency in English
- Possess strong personal integrity, propensity for international and intercultural understanding, compassion and willingness to serve and demonstrate his/her alignment with BXAI’s mission and vision
- Remain enrolled at the university as a full time student for the duration of participation in the AFLSP
- Participate in the BXAI Summer Program, offered by BXAI
- Complete at least three of the five enrichment courses at Hitotsubashi ICS: (Knowledge Management, Knowledge Generation, Japanese Business and Economy, Japanese Culture, and Wise Leadership capstone)
- Undertake an Independent Research project on the relationship between Japan and China
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org